Dr. Mansour Assaf , MD, MRCPsych
Dr. Assaf has joined the National Rehabilitation Center in 2016 and is currently a Consultant Psychiatrist there . Before which he worked with Zayed military hospital in Abu Dhabi (from 2011 to 2016 ), where he was mainly involved in the addiction unit. Dr. Assaf has a rich experience gained from his years of working in Egypt , Faculty of Medicine , Ain Shams university , Where he obtained his Doctorate degree (MD ) in Psychiatry and has been trained as a researcher ,and clinician reaching the post of Psychiatry Lecturer. He has also received membership of The Arab medical council in 2007 and later in 2014 he obtained the membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrist (MRCPsych) from London - UK .
Dr. Mansour Assaf is a consultant psychiatrist, who has joined the National Rehabilitation Center (NRC) in 2016. He has around 16 years of clinical experience and he has earned the Medical Doctorate Degree in Psychiatry (MD degree) in 2011 from the Faculty of Medicine- Ain Shams University – Cairo – Egypt .He is an active member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists- London – UK, since 2014. He also holds a Master’s degree of Neuropsychiatry since 2005 from Faculty Of Medicine – Ain Shams University and he was Arab Board certified in 2007.
Dr . Assaf has completed his training and residency program in Psychiatry at Ain Shams University, Faculty Of Medicine, where he was trained on utilizing multidisciplinary approach of management to tailor culturally sensitive management plans with a solid background in Psychopharmacology and Neuropsychiatry as well as in-depth knowledge of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET).
His past clinical experience included working as a specialist psychiatrist at Zayed Military Hospital- Abu Dhabi – UAE (2011 –2016) hospital) and before that at Prof. Ahmed Okasha hospital – Cairo – Egypt (2006 -2011) and also worked as a lecturer of psychiatry at the faculty of medicine- Ain Shams University, Cairo.
Addiction Psychiatry - General Adult Psychiatry.
- Assessment of the Use of Point-Of-Care Pregabalin Testing For Drug Monitoring, Compared to Gas Chromatography Mass-Spectrometry – A Pilot Study. J Med Toxicol Clin Forensic Med Vol.4 No.1:3. Al Ghafri H, Elrasheed A, Al- Mamari S, Assaf M, Al Jenaibi M, et al. (2018) .
- Prevalence of depressive disorders in a sample of Egyptian secondary school male students (M.D Thesis, Faculty of medicine – Ain Shams University, 2010.)
- Role OF Neuroprotectors in management of neurological diseases (Master’s essay, Faculty of medicine – Ain Shams University, 2005.)
- Medical Doctorate Degree in Psychiatry (MD), 2011- Ain Shams Faculty of Medicine, Cairo, Egypt
- Master’s Degree in Neuropsychiatry (MSc.) with Honors,2005.Ain Shams Faculty of Medicine, Cairo, Egypt.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Medicine and Surgery (M.B.B.Ch.) with Honors,2001.Ain Shams Faculty of Medicine, Cairo, Egypt.
- Resident (Senior House Officer) of Neuropsychiatry:( May 2002-May 2005) Institute of psychiatry (WHO collaborative center), Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
- Lecturer of Psychiatry - Institute of psychiatry (WHO collaborative center), Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
- Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRC-Psych)-London, UK (2014)
- Arab Board Certified (Psychiatry). Arab Medical Council, Damascus, Syria(2017) 2007
Phone: +971 2 306 0108
Office Address: 42088 W4